Q1: I would like to join the American Advertising Awards (ADDY). Where can I enter my works for student ADDY annual competition?
- Visit the ADDY website at https://enter.americanadvertisingawards.com/a/
- Click the “Student Entries” button to create your new account, and input your information.
- Enter your work.
Q2: How to pay my entry fee when I enter my works?
- If you are paying for your own, you can either pay online by credit card or by check with your physical entries.
- If your entry is paid by the university, you should choose “Pay by check” option.
Q3: How to complete my entries?
- Enter your works online by:
• Address your work to a correct category
• Upload a pdf file for each entry
• Address work credit
• Choose your payment option
• Save and submit your entries, then you can print your entry form, manifest form, and invoice
No matter your entry is paid by your own or by the university, you should turn one copy of your manifest form in to Prof. Gilbert or to me no later than 10:30 a.m., Dec. 10, so that I can count your extra credit if your entries are student works from my classes.
- Print each entry a hard copy on a high quality photo paper (13″ X 19″ for magazine layout, logo layout, or for poster, and 11″ X 17″ for all other small size items such as holiday card or small size illustration)
- Put your large printed works into a tube (get it in USPS or in Kinko’s), and label (use small piece of tape) the entry form on the backside of each printed work. (You should stick entry code labels on the tube, and write your name on the tube. If your tube contains only one entry, simply spray mount the entire entry form to the exterior of tube)
- Prepare a large envelope for each entry, and glue or spray mount the entire entry form to the exterior of envelope, and place a letter size loose copy of the entry work inside the envelope.
- Prepare a #10 envelope (4.125″ X 9.5″) to contain your manifest form and check (if you choose pay by check option online) for all entries from the same entrant. (if your entries are paid by the university, you should include a note on your manifest form to tell AAF club that the university is paying)
- Put the small envelope into one of the large envelops.
- Drop your entries.
• If your entries are paid by the university, you need to drop your tube and envelope to Prof. Gilbert’s office or to my office no later than 10:00 a.m., Dec. 10.
• If you pay your own entries, you need to mail or drop your tube and envelope by yourself to one of the ADDY Awards drop off locations no later than 10:30 a.m., Dec. 10 as well.
Q4: Some of the entries are multi-page magazine layout. How many pages/spreads do I need to print for a single submission of a magazine design or brochure design?
Print out one complete spread per entry. If the spread is 3 pages, print all three pages, but only include one spread per entry. However, you may enter your magazine project as a campaign if you want to submit multiple spreads. The category should be S05C, and the price will be the same ($40).
Q5: I entered my work to a wrong category, and I have submitted the entry. Can I correct it?
The category must be entered corrected. After you submitted your entry, your entry will be locked, but you can contact AAF club at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry information, then they can let you back in.
S02 – Stationery Package
S04 – Special Event materials (invitations, cards, etc.)
S05A – Cover
S05B – One editorial spread or feature per entry.
Not intended for submission of entire book or magazine.
S05C – Spreads or Features (Campaign)
Two to four covers, spreads or features from issues within the same year. Please mark spreads to be judged.
S07A – Single (Full Page or Less)
S07B – Campaign (2-4 of the above)
Elements of Advertising
S22 – Logo Design
Elements of Advertising
Flat, dimensional or animated illustration, any number of colors
S23A – Illustration – Single
S23B – Illustration – Campaign (2-4 of the above)
Elements of Advertising
S24A – Black & White, Single
S24B – Color, Single
S24C – Digitally Enhanced, Single
Out-of-Home & Ambient Media
S09A – Single
S09B – Campaign
Q6: Where can I find the official contest rule?
STUDENT RULES & CATEGORIES 2015–2016:
RULES & CATEGORIES 2015–2016 (Professional):
2015 American Advertising Awards Frequently Asked Questions for All Entrants
Q7: If paying by check, should I write a check payable to the local AAF club?
If paying by check, make check payable to AAF-RGV and include with the manifest in a sealed envelope and attach to your physical entries or, if physical entry is not required *mail to:
P.O. Box 4566
McAllen, TX 78502
Q8: About the physical entries, where can I drop my entries if I drop the entries by myself?
All physical entries, including complete manifest and payment, must be delivered no later than 10 a.m., December 10 if you deliver your entries.
ADDY Submission Drop Off Locations (drop your entries to one of the following locations):
Mid Valley Town Crier
Attn: John Grieder
401 South Iowa Avenue,
Weslaco, TX 78596
Attn: Alma Soto
1135 East Van Buren Street
Brownsville, TX 78520
Valley Morning Star
Attn: Bernadette Garcia
1310 South Commerce Street
Harlingen, TX 78550
Attn: Sherri Dease
1400 E Nolana
McAllen, TX 78504
Q9: When the competition result will be available?
The judging of the annual competition will be held on Saturday, January 23, 2016. Notifications will be sent to the winners within the following week. The ADDY Awards gala will be held on February 18. You will be noticed about tickets shortly after judging.
Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have. You may contact me through email or come see me during my office hours:
10:40 – 12:40 am MW
12:40 – 1:40 pm Tu