The University of Texas System Board of Regents has developed awards to recognize outstanding students and student groups in the arts & humanities. For 2015-16, The UT System Board of Regents will recognize students in the visual arts. There will be awards made in two categories: Two Dimensional Artwork and Three Dimensional Artwork. One winner will be named in each category. A $1,500 monetary award will be made in the winners’ names to the department of their choice.
Visual Arts Award Description:
Student Award Application Form:
This is a very important award for us!!!!! The deadline is close so please organize your entry if you can. LET’S WIN!!!!
Eligibility: The awards are open to full-time undergraduate students studying at a UT institution.
- Evidence of academic excellence.
- Commitment to the arts through participation in university and community activities
Specific Evaluation Criteria: Evaluations will be based on the following elements:
- Originality: The artwork displays a distinctive style and/or is highly imaginative.
- Use of media: The artwork demonstrates a strong mastery of the chosen media to clearly communicate the artist’s ideas and experiences.
- Artistic composition: The artwork clearly shows different visual structures and functions of art used to communicate ideas and illicit strong responses from the viewer.
- An application form.
- Artwork images: Candidates are required to submit a maximum of 10 photos of their work. Images should include no less than five different artworks. All images must be embedded in a single file (.pdf) and include a brief description (200 words or less). List the title of each piece, how and when it was made, and its dimensions.
Please submit all nomination materials for all candidates from a single institution on a USB drive to:
The University of Texas System
Office of Academic Affairs
Attn: Dr. Wanda Mercer
601 Colorado St.
Austin, TX 78701
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your professors. We are delighted that we will have the opportunity to recognize outstanding student artists and look forward to your submission.
The deadline has been extended to Friday, February 19. Students get $1500 Prize. Pick your best work in 2 d or 3 d. Maximum 10 images of five pieces and application form. This is a big recognition we need to win.