Faculty-led Study Abroad Trip – China 2016
May 16 – June 3, 2016
It is a three-week summer mini session for an affordable study program at Beijing, Hunan, and Guangxi, China. Students may participate without prior knowledge of Chinese and art.
During the first week of the trip, students will tour the Chinese capital city, Beijing; the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, and sites of Olympic 2008, and then arrive at Henyang.
After arriving Hunan province, students will begin a three-credit class either on Image and Illustration or Digital Photography in Hengyang University’s iMac labs. After completing the course, a final critique will be taken place.
During the second week and the third week of the trip, students will travel to Guiling Li River National Park and Hengshan National Park. Students will also gain knowledge of the Chinese culture and will experience personal contact with the Hengyang Normal University students and Chinese common people and their daily life.
Hengyang is the second largest city of Hunan province. As the partner school of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Hengyang Normal University is a public, comprehensive normal (liberal arts) university located in the city of Hengyang, China. The University enrolls about 20,000 full-time students.
Students reside in off-campus hotel which is equipped with air condition, TV, Wifi, tables, chair, and bed in a two bedroom with bathroom. Several cafeterias on campus are available for students. McDonalds and Starbucks are in the city as well.
Cost for the Program: Around $3,912 USD approximately
The cost of program will include:
- International round trip air ticket
- Weekend field trips in Hengyang, Guiling, Yangshuo, and Hengshan
- Meals, hotel, and transportation in Beijing, Hengyang, Guilin, and Hengshan plus entry fees to all national parks and scenic sites
- International travel insurance
Itinerary and Trip Introduction:
5/16 M: Depart from Houston to Beijing
5/17 T: Arrive Beijing
5/18 W: Yonghe Temple / Nan Luo Gu Xiang / Liuli Art Market
5/19 T: Summer Palace / Tian’anmen Square / Forbidden City
5/20 F: Great Wall / Olympic Park / Acrobat Show
5/21 S: Penjiayuan Antique Market / Temple of Heaven
5/22 S: Arrive Henyang / Mount Heng, Hunan
5/23 M: Yong Zhou, Shanggantang Village, Hunan
5/24 T: Class Day of Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
5/25 W: Class Day of Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
5/26 T: Class Day of Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
5/27 F: Guilin Li River National Park, Guangxi – Karst Landscapes
5/28 S: Guilin Li River National Park, Guangxi – Karst Landscapes
5/29 S: Guilin Li River National Park, Guangxi – Karst Landscapes
5/30 M: Yangshuo / Miao Village, Guangxi
5/31 T: Class Day: Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
6/1 W: Class Day: Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
6/2 T: Class Day: Image & Illustration / Digital Photography
6/3 F: Mini Session End. Back to USA
Please open/download the attached PPT file for more information.
- Gain academic credit
- Study digital imaging classes through the trip
- Visit world famous historical and scenic sites
- Experience variate types of Chinese cuisine
- Learn Chinese history and culture
- Gain an increased awareness of the ongoing changes in Chinese society
Why Study Abroad could help you get hired:
No prerequisite required. The summer trip/mini session class is open to all UTRGV students
You should speak to a financial aid adviser directly on how to leverage your financial aid for study abroad.
If you need more information about financial aid and scholarship, please contact the director of Office of Global Engagement directly:
Mr. Victor Torres: email@example.com
- Faculty Led Study Abroad Application: http://pxstudio.us/pdf/faculty-led-application.pdf
- Participation Approval Form: http://pxstudio.us/pdf/participation-approval-form.pdf
- UTRGV Student Travel Pack: http://pxstudio.us/pdf/utrgv-student-travel-pack.pdf
- UTRGV Health Disclosure Form: http://pxstudio.us/pdf/utrgv-health-disclosure-form.pdf
Application Deadline: March 4, 2016
For more information, please contact